We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role:
We are looking for a lead designer to provide hands-on product and service design expertise to a large scale engagement with one of our counterpart organisations in the U.S. Working alongside the Design Manager and closely with the team of 10+ designers, you will help to lead the strategic and visual design of the Toyota and Lexus apps in North America and localising them around the world.
You will be responsible for designing this and other global-scale distributed software applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
What You Will Do:
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of mobile designers and front-end developers to build world-class applications and services
- Together with the Design and Delivery Managers, help to lead the strategic design direction and ways of working with the product organisation
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to design to development handoff
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team in product and service design thinking, as well as design best practice and designing at scale (design systems)
- Provide strategic direction and hands-on participation in creating and maintaining design systems that will enable rapid and scalable application design, now and in the future
- Participate in the larger design community including conferences, open-source contribution, UX writing, etc.
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Product leadership experience, working with small and large product teams
- Production experience of complex web and native applications
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working closely with front-end and mobile developers
- Empathic, with a user-first approach to design thinking
- Ability to explain your thoughts on usability, engagement, business / user needs and effectiveness and help grow the skill sets of other designers
- People management experience – mentoring and growing a team comes easily to you
- Expertise in quant and qual research methodologies
- Equally comfortable working on services, with strong service design skills and experience
Nice to Have:
- Other language skills
- Experience of working with/in the American markets
- Skilled in illustration, animation and other design related practices
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know.