We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
Senior Android Developer
Mobile Engineering - London
Watch the video. Accept the challenge? Get in touch!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role:
The Senior Android Developer will create, implement, and support mobile applications in the connected car space, and apply their native Android knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative start-up environment. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment.
What you will do:
- Work side-by-side with other talented engineers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Be a go-to resource for native Android and Java development
- Love writing code and learning new disciplines to constantly hone your craft as an engineer
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers and thrive as an independent, autonomous, thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution.
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment while collaborating with our innovation team.
- Strong experience developing beautiful, native Android applications in production
- Strong hands-on coding experience in Java
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment throughout the software lifecycle
- Experience collaborating in a team environment and integrating with APIs and SDKs
Nice to have:
- Experience developing a full-stack application including web and back-end is a plus
- You have released an app in the Google Play Store