We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
VP, Product (Interim)
Senior Leadership - London
Watch the video. Accept the challenge? Get in touch!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role
We are in the market for an ambitious, humble, motivated and time-served VP, Product who has proven history of delivering company growth through exceptional product execution. The person will help nurture and grow the product development culture of our business. The role requires a solution mindset, someone who enjoys bringing the jigsaw pieces together and aligning technology, Commerical, and business decisions with the product strategy, someone who’s been influential in the development of creating a product development culture and a product focused company. The role requires this person to have demonstrable experience in creating world class product development functions which delivers superior products and services to delight customers; a servant leader who is able to define and own strategy, an ambassador for best practice and experimentation, a radical focus on developing the experience of his or her team, and a person who fosters trust and promotes psychological safety.
What you will do:
- Create and own the Product strategy. This includes intaking and validating all possible product enhancements and innovations from multiple stakeholders - customer, sales, marketing, development, data, etc. - as well as prioritising this work using a quantifiable systems
- Set team and product strategy and direction including critical metrics and OKRs.
- Ensure our product team is delivering the right things, quickly. Shepherd our product development process and coach the team to run at the problem in the right way, using the right discovery techniques and tools.
- Build a deep and strong knowledge and partnership with engineering - leveraging this knowledge to remove any potential for silo working.
- Work closely with the CEO, COO, Commerical teams, VP, Engineering and Tech Leads to understand technical feasibility, direction, and costs, and to establish the Product team as a critical component of the Development workflow.
- Keep leadership informed of the team’s progress and offer guidance on what is achievable. Shield the team from distraction so they can execute.
- Have an eye for user and design orientation to bring our product to life.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design to champion UCD and product design and research best practices across business.
- Provide guidance through major shifts in technology, direction, and business goals
- Develop a business case for each new product / product variant.
- As the Product leader, you will champion the product and company vision
- Investigate customer and partner needs by attending customer meetings, assist with in-country sales and partner meetings, talk to at-risk customer, develop user feedback mechanisms.
- You will inspire the team to see around corners and innovate down to the detail.
- Collaborate across teams to deliver a clear and cohesive product roadmap that brings together hearts and minds of all at Toyota Connected Europe.
- Leverage both quantitative and qualitative data. You’ll scratch through the surface of how our partners, consumers and clients think and use this information to help inform decisions across the company; especially, in how we build a product that put smiles on our customers faces.
- Be willing to roll your sleeves up.
- Deep involvement in new product discovery & innovation
Who are you:
- A highly experience and time-served senior product leader delivering world class technology products & services
- Proven track record of shipping successful products with impressive user/revenue growth
- You will have a background as a VP of Product, Director of Product, Associate Director of Product or similar
- Experience with cutting-edge product process: autonomous product teams, customer & product discovery, lean UX, and continuous delivery.
- You’re highly collaborative and aren’t afraid to speak your mind to build strong relationships based on mutual trust.
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritisation and development
- Infinite capacity to challenge current thinking and bring others along to implement new ideas to improve business results
- You’ll be a leader who can shift gears quickly – you can think strategically and also be pragmatic and tactical.
- You’re obsessed about building an unparalleled user experience and know how to leverage data.
- You’ve directly managed product teams and have a track-record of developing high-performing teams.
- You are able to transform incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Flexible, collaborative, team player.
- Start-up or scale-up experience
- Worked as part of a startup which is connected to a global enterprise