We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
Architecture - London
Watch the video. Accept the challenge? Get in touch!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role:
We're in the market for a Software Architect experienced in micro-services, someone who is excellent at and passionate about the fundamentals; someone who has an obsession to learn, and has unstoppable desire to follow through with the job. We always require people to be ambitious, humble, motivated and time-served in their craft for this level of role. The role requires a solution mindset, someone who enjoys bringing the jigsaw pieces together and aligning technology, Commerical, and business decisions with the product strategy, someone who’s been influential in the development of creating a software development culture and a product focused company.
What you will do:
- Help serve the opportunity and solve complex technical challenges.
- Be a counsel for the engineers and serve them to deliver their best work.
- Overseeing technical decision making for diverse products.
- Server your team’s work, including code reviews and hands-on support
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external relationships.
- Hands-on software development across a range of programming paradigms and languages
- Review and provide feedback on features, technology, architecture, designs
- Perform due diligence and implement comprehensive unit tests for confirming the use case
Who are you:
- Fast, independent learner: The one constant at Toyota Connected Europe is growth, and all of our systems are constantly evolving to meet the needs of our high growth environment. You will be serving our Engineers. Our Engineers are expected to learning quickly and continue to improve their craft to ensure that our systems can meet the needs of our business.
- Advanced understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimisation strategies and best practices
- You’re language agnostic. Our tech choices are led by the problem or opportunity in front if us, not by our existing skill set or tech stack. As a result, we don’t require any specific technological background—it’s much more important that you have a broad knowledge of different programming. Current tech choices: Elixir, Java, Scala, Go, Ember.js.
- Experience with Micro-service based architecture and containerisation technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience of code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Super comfortable with global communication across teams and businesses: We work closely with our partners Toyota Connected (North America), Toyota Motors (global), and internally.
- Client handling and communications skills, especially in dealing with non-technical stakeholders and tackling client engagement issues.
- A track record of handling multiple complex work streams.
- A history of performing technical deep-dives
- Experience with build tools.
- Understanding of non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
- Deep understanding of secure coding practices
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Ability to see around corners
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Comfortable working in a team based and collaborative environment
- Start-up, scale-up or mobility experience
- Worked as part of a startup which is connected to a global enterprise