We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Testing - London
Watch the video. Accept the challenge? Get in touch!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a part of a highly talented engineering team and participate in test plan design, test case development and execution, and test automation development of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will be part of the team that build platforms which will enable our vehicles to communicate to the cloud. The features you test and deploy will power driving experiences across the world.
We are looking for team members that are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in modern technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energised, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure of a large-scale system comprising of components developed in multiple programming paradigms (Elixir, iOS, Android, Ember, etc.)
- Write, execute and maintain end-to-end system integration scenarios and user acceptance scenarios for the large-scale platform
- Translate user stories into test scenarios and cases and provide feedback to ensure testability of all stories
- Collaborate with other business groups and external teams for end-to-end integration
- Partner with developers to create, maintain and execute automated unit and integration tests. Effectively coach engineers in testing best practice and grow a culture of testing excellence and creating quality products.
- Take ownership of CI/CD pipelines including integrating automated tests
- Work with Product Owners and users to foster good acceptance testing practices
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
Who are you?
- You are smart and can demonstrate it
- You have 5+ years of experience developing and testing software
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining test automation and associated infrastructure
- You are very fluent and have solved several real-life problems using Selenium or similar tools
- You are very fluent in behaviour driven development and test driven development scenarios and frameworks such as Cucumber, Jbehave/JGiven, etc.
- You have experience in functional programming languages such as Ruby, Elixir, etc
- You have experience in estimation, prioritisation and planning/coordination of testing activities in an Agile environment
- You are excellent in setting up and using systems like Jira for tracking purposes and ensuring traceability among test cases, code and requirements
- You are comfortable acting as a champion of quality within the wider organisation.
- You know how to create the right balance between exploratory and automated testing for the product-under-test
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction.
- You can manage external dependencies from partners and suppliers
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
- Experience with large scale projects
- Experience with load testing
- Experience in mobility and fleet management is a plus
- Experience in property-based testing
- Proficiency in Elixir
- Experience in SQL
- Help to enable and create autonomy in teams so they are self supporting, educating and resolving