We are Toyota Connected Europe, but we are nothing without our people. Period!
Vehicle Hardware Engineer - contract
Data Engineering - London
Watch the video. Accept the challenge? Get in touch!
Who are we?
Toyota Connected Europe wants to create a better world through connected mobility for all. We are a new company created to bring big data and a customer focus into all aspects of the mobility experience so everyone’s experience is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies to delight and simplify the lives of everyone who use our products and empower them to think of and use our services in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products. We are building teams to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people from all walks of life. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected Europe and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the role
We are in the market for an ambitious, humble, motivated and time-served engineer with experience in connected car hardware & embedded software. This role will play a critical role in bringing to life the suite of connected services developed by Toyota Connected by ensuring that vehicles have the right hardware in-place to meet their needs.
What you will do:
- Research, test, install & integrate connected car hardware with vehicle lineup
- Configure & develop embedded software for connected car use cases
- Support software & data engineers in integrating hardware to external software services
- Manage & collaborate with external hardware vendors to meet Toyota requirements
Who are you:
- Knowledge of OBD/OBDII
- Knowledge of vehicle CAN fundamentals and interfaces
- Knowledge of hardware boards and embedded software platforms
- Experience with connected car device installation and testing
- Experience with electronic diagnostic testing
- Working knowledge of at least one high-level programming language: Python, Java or similar
- Testing automation knowledge/experience